Having a brighter and whiter set of teeth is always a visual concern nowadays. The reason behind this is that most people feel that this can improve their smile and boost their confidence. Because of this, it is no longer surprising to see a huge increase in the number of teeth whitening products in the market. Certain procedures like laser teeth whitening have also received extreme popularity. If you wish to whiten your teeth through dental laser, then it is advisable for you to understand how this procedure works so you can obtain a clearer idea of what to expect from the treatment.
Basic Steps and Procedures in Laser Teeth Whitening
- Screening and Pre-treatment. Under this step, your chosen cosmetic dentist will figure out if you are suitable for the procedure. The initial screening involves checking up your gums and determining if these have already receded, thereby causing some roots of your teeth to be exposed. You will then undergo a bleaching procedure. The pre-treatment step involves cleaning up your teeth and treating and filling your cavities.
- Intake of Medication. Since laser teeth whitening usually results to temporary sensitivity, you will be required to take the necessary medications prior to undergoing the procedure. A good cosmetic dentist usually prescribes anti-inflammatory and non-steroidal medications to their patients to prevent sensitivity.
- Whitening Procedure. Under this procedure, your chosen dentist will perform the following steps:
- Teeth scraping which is executed to thoroughly clean your teeth and get rid of any foreign materials.
- Application of hydrogen peroxide which is essential in eliminating stains and plaque around your gums.
- Application of professional peroxide gel around your teeth. This works in maximizing the effects of dental laser when it comes to cleaning up your teeth and whitening them.
- Using laser light to activate the applied peroxide gel. The laser light offers higher level of energy which speeds up the chemical reaction. The good thing about this procedure is that it guarantees utmost precision so you have an assurance that everything is executed based on your preferences. It should also be noted that the laser light serves as the peroxide’s catalyst.
- Follow-up. It should be noted that the laser teeth whitening procedure does not produce permanent results. There is still a great possibility for your teeth to get stained after some time due to some foods, beverages like tea and coffee and cigarettes. This is the main reason why you should consider scheduling follow-up sessions. Be aware that the results of laser teeth whitening can last for 6 months to a few years with regular follow-ups and checkups.
Laser teeth whitening has become one of the most popular procedures in whitening teeth at present because of its effectiveness in getting rid of stains and marks around one’s teeth in the quickest manner possible. It is also beneficial because it does not cause excessive pain aside from the slight sensitivity which is manageable by taking the right medications. With laser teeth whitening, you receive the results of whitening your teeth and achieving the bright smile that you have always wanted. If you are interested in laser teeth whitening, give Cosmetic Dentist in Boca Raton a call today for more information!